Desert in Morocco can be divided into 3 main types, Erg-Chebbi, M’hamid, and Chigaga.
1. Erg-Chebbi desert:
When it comes to the desert in Morocco, many think of Merzouga. Without a doubt, this place is the most famous and most visited desert in Morocco. Moreover, the Merzouga desert is located in Southeast Morocco, and one of the closest places to Algeria, only 50 km in between. This desert has the highest dunes in Morocco, and many tourists fall in love with its beauty. Moreover, the village can offer you many activities, such as camel rides, glamping and desert tours. Undoubtedly, people who visit this place usually consider it as the highlight of their trip and hope to visit it again.
2. Erg-Chigaga desert:
Last but not least, about 45 km from the town of M’hamid El Ghizlane, you will find the largest and wildest desert in Morocco. A place with its own magic and beauty. Equally, this place also has many activities to offer. Although it is less visited among the Moroccan deserts, however, that makes it a more beautiful and romantic place with fewer tracks. In short, if you are looking for a very quiet place with almost no people, this is the best place for that.
3. M’hamid desert:
M’hamid is a small village next to Zagora, one of the Saharian places in the area. In addition, it is the most visited desert after Merzouga and it has many oasis and camps. However, the weather is mostly dry and hot, which makes it a good place to experience the real Sahara climate. In general, the Morocco desert is one of the main things that makes our country beautiful, and worth your visit.
To discover more about the desert in Morocco, Join our luxury tours ☛here☚.
Have a look at these articles:
- Marrakech in Morocco. 9 Unique Things To Do and see in 2020.
- Marrakech to FES, 3 days to the Sahara desert.
- FEZ Morocco, 11 Things to See and Do.
- 11 best Moroccan beaches You should visit
- Fes desert tour to Marrakech in 3 days.
- Camel ride Morocco.
- Tours From Casablanca
- Imagine Morocco Testimonials.
- Best time to visit Morocco in 2020-2021
- The Atlas Mountains in Morocco, discover the 3 kinds.
- A family vacation in Morocco, 6 ways to stay safe.
- Best Moroccans food you should try. 2020-2021
- Imagine Morocco Contact team.